When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Monday 4 July 2011

Finally Back to the Blog

We will deliver the last job to set first thing in the AM tomorrow! Electronic delivery that is. The past little bit was definitely an exercise in patience! On to the physical stuff again. We have tendered on a toy commercial that is going to have some neat little miniature pieces to it. In fact it's all miniatures. We are waiting on camera tests from the production company, so hopefully that will be tomorrow, and then we should be able to get started. I am looking forward to getting back to the "hands on" building. I have also begun work on another side project for a sign shop we work closely with. I am going to make a generic dimensional business sign. Something that looks like it should be in a theme park. I love this kind of thing. Probably because I love cartoon stuff. The plan is to fabricate and finish it, then display it at there shop. They get a whole lot of traffic through their doors, so the exposure would be good. I would really like to start doing more of these types of signs, so I think I will! The colored render is done, then the next step will be to draw all the vectors, and model the divers mask. This is going to be fun I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment