When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Saturday 21 January 2012

Back in the COLD again!




 







I did snorkel everyday, as this was as close to diving as I could do without reserving a spot at 6 am. (and six AM was too early on this trip!)
I also didn't find any shipwrecked Spanish galleons washed up on the beach. (which would have been very very cool)
Mind you, this abandoned glass bottom boat was kinda cool though. I did get some free-diving video, but unfortunately my underwater camera gave up the ghost at 35 feet. Scuba is so much better, you don't have to come up for air.
Well, I will be back at it today and tomorrow at the shop. We are starting to frame in the mezzanine at the new shop space this week, and that should be fun as well.
8)
JO

No comments:

Post a Comment