When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

For all the single ladies (and my friend Sandy)

Jody and I had an "extra" long weekend. Partly due to it being the Victoria day holiday, and partly cause "I say so":)
Last Wednesday we were contacted by Director and Producer Mike Rybinski at www.spotcinema.com
Mike asked us to replicate the 70's show "The Dating Game" logo. 

I don't exactly know if it's going to be a series or not, but it doesn't matter cause I'm a building machine!
Very straight forward indeed. They sent a black and white image of the logo, which I was able to quickly vectorise and toolpath in Aspire.

The original logo is split thickness, "the" and "game" were cut from 4" styrofoam, and "dating" was cut from 2" foam.

 Finally, we got 2 coats of latex, in awesome 70's orange applied, and let them dry!
Mike's coming around noon tomorrow to pick them up, so that saves us a trip to the studio tomorrow!

These kind of jobs are the best, quick turn around, with no 'back and forth' design overhauls!

8)
JO




1 comment:

  1. I am looking for the dating game logo and flowers for a private party I am coordinating. Can you sell me those exact same lettering?


    ReplyDelete