When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sometimes things can take a while. Sometimes longer than I'd like. Oh, I know it seems like everything I touch turns to gold, and that everything runs like a well oiled machine :) but the joking aside, not everything is easy sometimes. I had to re-draw some files that I planned on cutting because, I had the brainiac idea to change material thickness, and that compounded all the way down the line. Including a full sheet of MDF that unknowingly took one for the team. Can't win em all I guess.

 Jody got the parging on the curbs They're gonna look great with a coat of paint on them.

These are the main supports for the top half. These, after the already mentioned issue above, fit together like a glove.

And that's all I got for fabrication today. I hope tomorrow runs a little faster.
8)
JO

No comments:

Post a Comment