When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Understanding Primitives.

I'm a slave to the computer this week. The shark was a ton of fun, but now I'm back in CG world creating some new models and signage. I really wish I could talk about all of our projects, but some places guard their stuff pretty ferociously!
I did find a good video on line last night that I thought I would embed in my blog. It's geared toward 3d modelling, as opposed to cnc. When I started 3d modeling, I had so many questions. The problem is I didn't actually know what my questions were!
This video is embedded from Guerrilla CG. The Guerrilla CG Project a non profit organization dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of computer graphics. It grows from the contributions of artists and technicians from around the world.
I will probably post a few more this week, as they are very explanatory, and most of them apply to any polygon-based modelling software.


Primitives from The Guerrilla CG Project on Vimeo.

8)
JO

No comments:

Post a Comment